Physics, Astronomy and Mathematics:
– $35 an hour on campus at Stony Brook University, $40 an hour off campus within a reasonable distance.
- Physics – I am an experimental Nuclear and Particle physics PhD candidate who:
- Has completed all of the Stony Brook PhD course and lab work.
- Obtained a 4.0 GPA in my undergraduate studies.
- Can help you with particular problems and concepts.
- Can help you to develop the problem solving skills and the practices necessary for succeeding in Physics or in science courses and research in general.
- Astronomy – I am also a graduate with undergraduate thesis work in Astronomy who:
- Performed original observational astronomy thesis research at CTIO in Chile.
- Has substitute taught several lectures in SBU Astronomy courses.
- Has taught and TAed several astronomy AST112 lab courses.
- Can help you with problem solving, tests, and understanding broader concepts.
- Can help you gain a more in-depth appreciation for the beauty and logic of Astronomy, Astrophysics and Cosmology.
- Mathematics – I am also a graduate with an undergraduate minor degree in Mathematics who:
- Has an extended working experience with differential and integral calculus.
- Can help with problem solving, tests, and understanding broader concepts and ideas.
- Has experience with Mathematica, C++, and other symbolic and computational tools.
English Writing and Speaking:
– $15 an hour on campus at Stony Brook University, $20 an hour off campus within a reasonable distance.
- English Writing – I am an avid reader and writer who:
- Worked for my undergraduate institution’s student newspaper as an editor and writer.
- Volunteered as the non-fiction editor for my undergraduate institution’s creative arts journal The Streetcar.
- Continues to write on my website BeyondTheStandard.org.
- English Speaking – I am a native English speaker who:
- Can help you develop the conversational skills and vocabulary necessary for success.
- Has studied many years of Latin and Greek to gain a better understanding of English.
- Enjoys talking, learning, and hearing about anything and everything.